WATERPROOF RUGGED ENCLOSURE
The active tuning elements of the antenna are housed in black waterproof, highly impact resistant technical plastic moulding. The housing incorporates a heavy duty anti-vibration mount at its base. Even with its rugged construction, the Barrett 2019 weighs only 3.6 kg.
MIL-STD TWO PIECE WHIP
The Barrett 2019 is supplied standard with a two piece fiberglass MIL-STD whip and a tapered spring.
An optional NVIS Kit (P/N 201910) is available in the form a single flexible whip section of 4.2 metres. Brochure download above.
OPTIONAL EXTENDABLE WHIP
An extendable whip (P/N 201909) is also available. Brochure download above.
STAINLESS STEEL FOR MARINE ENVIRONMENTS
All metal parts used in the base and internally are 316 grade stainless steel making the 2019 suitable for operation in marine environments.
GORTEX VENT – IMMERSION TO 1 M
A Gortex vent allows the 2019 to pressure equalise whilst maintaining its immersion proof qualities to 1 m.
COMPOSITE CONTROL CABLE
The 2019 is supplied with a 6 metre composite control and RF cable and connectors to connect it with the transceiver. A 10 metre control RF cable is available as an accessory. This cable provides the wiring for the optional internal fit GPS receiver. The optional internal fit GPS receiver and this cable alleviates the need to mount the GPS receiver elsewhere on the vehicle and the requirement to run a separate control cable.
A hole in the mounting stud can accommodate a padlock to prevent the antenna being unlawfully removed from the vehicle.
- Frequency range: 2 MHz to 30 MHz (continuous)
- Power handling capability: 125 W PEP
- VSWR: Better than 2:1 when tuned
- Tuning time: Less than 1.5 seconds (typical)
- Operating temperature: -30°C to +60°C
- Humidity: 95% relative, non-condensing
- Environmental: IP67
- Supply voltage: 12.6 V DC (derived from transceiver)
- Antenna impedance: 50 ohm unbalanced
- Mounting: M16 stud with provision for padlock
- Weight: Main antenna body weight including heavy duty spring 4.15 kg
- Input current: Average 600 mA @ +12.6 V input
- Standards: Built to comply with MIL-STD 810G for drop, dust, temperature, shock and vibration