Recordable voice messages allows system greetings and instructions to be in any language, stored in non-volatile Flash RAM.
LEARN FUNCTION FOR NON-STANDARD CALL PROGRESS TONES
Should the selectable standard international telephone call progress tones not operate in certain countries, the 2060 can record, learn and store these non-standard call progress tones on site.
When not handling traffic, if enabled, periodic beacons are sent on all channels at regular intervals. This allows the HF users to evaluate the best channel to use with the 2060 base station.
Using a PC loaded with Barrett 2060 remote software, parameters, access levels and call logging information can be downloaded via the telephone network.
This allows the 2060’s to be installed at remote locations and be controlled from a central point.
MIL-STD 188-141B, FED STD 1045 ALE
ALE simplifies the operation of the system as the HF network user need only enter the 2060 address and a telephone number required and the telephone caller has only to enter the mobile number required. The ALE system establishes the link between the two.
Call charging information is stored in the 2060 and can either be based on call duration or information provided by 12 to 16 kHz or 50 Hz metering pulses.
(Note:- The Telco providing the line connected to the 2060 must be requested to provide these metering pulses).
DTMF OR DECADIC DIALLING
To allow operation of the 2060 on older exchanges Decadic dialling as well as DTMF can be selected.
ACCESS LEVELS AND BARRING FOR INDIVIDUAL USERS
Stations within the HF network can be allocated individual access levels in relation to the telephone network, i.e. local calls only, full ISD call access, specific number barring or complete barring.
DSP NOISE REDUCTION
A DSP (digital signal processor) noise reduction system provides clearer reception from the HF network can be toggled on or off by the telephone caller.
MANUAL / AUTOMATIC VOX
Should telephone connection be of such poor quality that the automatic VOX becomes unstable, the telephone caller can switch to manual VOX on their telephone to change the 2060 from transmit to receive.
2060 SYSTEM PARAMETERS BY VOICE ANNUNCIATION
The telephone caller can request the frequency of the currently selected channel in kHz on their telephone keypad.
The keypad can also by used to will provide the software version, PA temperature, supply voltage during transmit and the percentage of billing storage used from the 2060 and its associated 2050.
While scanning, all types of emergency calls received will be annunciated both audibly and visually on the associated 2050 transceiver (if a front panel is fitted).
98 STORED TELEPHONE NUMBERS
98 pre-programmed telephone numbers stored in the 2060 can be accessed by HF manpacks, vehicles or base stations that only have Selcall and not the full dial Telcall option fitted.
- Standards: Exceeds/complies with Australian/ New Zealand standard AS/NZS 609501:2003 – AMPT 1:2008 AS/ACIF 5002:2005 – AS/ACIF 5004:2006
- Power input: 13.8 V DC (11 V to 15 V), > 400 mA
- Scanning capacity: 30 channels maximum
- Operating temperature: 0°C to 50°C
- Dialling modes: DTMF of Decadic
- Dialled number: 16 digit maximum
- Transceiver control: RS-232, 9600bd. Barrett control syntax
- Transceiver Tx, Rx: 600 ohm balanced 0 dBm audio levels adjustable by menu option
- Transceiver PTT output: Open collector to ground
- Frequency response: 300 to 2800 Hz ± 2 dB
- Hybrid system: DSP based continuously balancing Adaption speed less than 0.5 seconds Ultimate balance better than 40 dB
- Phone line levels: Input from line -9 dBm Output to line -9 dBm Impedance 600 ohm
- VOX sensitivity: Approx 16 dB below phone line level i.e. 25 dBm
- Phone line connector: RJ-45
- Remote supervisory: Via on-board modem -V.34bis control (33.6 kbs)
- Telecom line: Standard 2 wire automatic exchange preferably with line reversal “B” party “off hook” and “on hook” If call charging required – 12 to 16 kHz or 50 Hz metering pulses
- Call progress tones: Will respond to standard call progress tones, selectable by country. Has a learn function for non-standard tones
- Dimensions: 85mm (w) x 270mm (d) x 70mm (h) (2000 series standard enclosure)
- Weight 1.4 kg