Housed in a fully weatherproof enclosure, the Barrett 1kW Automatic Tuning Unit (ATU) (BC407508) will tune long wire antennas effectively up to a length of 10 metres and wire loop antennas or whip antennas over a frequency range of 2 to 30 MHz and is suitable for both marine and land applications.
Tuning is rapid, typically 10 seconds the first time RF is applied, either whilst the operator is talking or when the “Tune” control is activated on the transceiver.
The 1kW ATU features a memory facility that stores the configuration required to tune to a frequency. On any subsequent use of that frequency, the 1kW ATU reconfigures to the stored settings in, typically, less than 150 milliseconds. Following initial tuning, the antenna’s VSWR is monitored. If any significant variation occurs, the 1kW ATU will re-tune the antenna automatically.
This unit is typically paired with the Barrett 4075 High Power HF Transmitter system. BCA407535 4075 1KW ATU Shock/Vibration plate for Marine/
Mobile installation sold separately.
- Frequency Range:
Wire Antenna 23-46m (75-150ft) 2-30MHz
Whip Antenna 15m* (48ft) 2-30MHz
Whip Antenna 10m (32ft) 2.5-30MHz
Whip Antenna 5m (16ft) 3-30MHz
- Input Impedance: 50 ohms
- Power Rating: 1kW PEP and average
- DC input: +13.8 V DC (derived from 2000 or 4000 series transceiver via integral RF control cable)
- Power consumption: Tuned – 400 mA (typical) Tuning – <800 mA
- VSWR Typically: 1.5:1
- Tuning time First tune: < 1 sec (typical) From Memory: less than 130 mSec (typical)
- Memory addresses: Unlimited
- Ingress Protection: To IP67
- Temperature: -20 to +55oC (operational)
- Protection: Open circuit antenna
Short circuit antenna
- EMC: CE Compliant
- Certifications: MIL-STD-167-1A and MIL-STD-810G (with shock mount)
- Case construction: Aluminum with marine grade paint
- Dimensions: 350 mm (h) x 380 mm (w) x 330 mm (d)
- Weight: 25kg