The received signal relative to whip antenna systems varies between +10 dB and +14 dB. Base antenna RF currents in a typical whip system are in the order of 1.5 Amperes, whereas the antenna current in the Barrett 2018 approaches 15 Amperes.
RECEIVE SCAN AMPLIFIER
The 2018 antenna includes a built-in broadband scan amplifier which allows it to be used with systems containing Automatic Link Establishment (ALE) and multi-frequency networks operating in a selective calling scan group.
The radiation pattern of the 2018 antenna has low angle nulls toward each side of the vehicle, effectively reducing noise from adjacent power lines which commonly affect vehicles driving on remote roads that have high voltage distribution lines in close proximity.
ALL TERRAIN AND CONTINUOUS SHORT RANGE HF COVERAGE
As the 2018 predominantly radiates RF energy towards the ionosphere it is without doubt the best type of antenna for vehicular NVIS (Near Vertical Incidence Skywave) operations and is effective in overcoming the skip zone common in whip based antenna systems providing superior operation in the range 30 – 150 km. For the same reason the 2018 antenna is highly effective for communication in mountainous areas.
MOUNTING HARDWARE TO SUIT ALL VEHICLES
Mounting hardware sets are available to suit most types of vehicles, including Land Rover Discovery, Toyota Land Cruiser, Toyota Prado, Nissan Patrol and Mitsubishi Pajero. Custom brackets can be made for all types of vehicles.
MIL-STD ENVIRONMENTAL RATINGS
MIL-STD 810G (immersion). Fitted with a pressure equalizing breather to equalize pressure without allowing the ingress of moisture.
MIL-STD 810G Method 516.6 for shock
MIL-STD 810G Method 514.6 for vibration
MIL-STD 810G Method 510.5 for dust
- Border Patrol
- Mining, Oil & Gas
- Emergency Services
- Aid & Relief
- Peace Keeping
- Frequency range: 3.9 MHz to 12.2 MHz
- Power supply: 12 V to 13.8 V DC (provided from the transceiver)
- Supply current: ≤ 1.5 Amps peak, ≤ 400 mA standby
- VSWR: Better than 2:1 when tuned
- Power rating 125 W PEP
- Polar radiation: Less than 5 dB variation at angles above 45° maximum power radiated towards zenith
- Tune power: 2 to 15 W
- Tune time: Within 3 seconds
- Tuning method: Continuously variable stepper motor
- Temperature: Operating -30ºC to 60ºC
- Humidity: 95% non-condensing
- Environmental rating: MIL-STD 810G (immersion). Fitted with a pressure equalizing breather to equalize pressure without allowing the ingress of moisture. MIL-STD 810G for shock,
vibration and dust